The problem: The client had just purchased a new home and had to deal with several HVAC problems.
- Asbestos ducts – Needed all hazardous materials removed & replaced.
- Rodent damage & infestation – The new mechanical system had to be safe.
- Extreme temperature differences between the floors – The new system needed to be able to control the temperatures between the floors effectively.
- The equipment platform in the attic was deteriorating and the service platform did not meet local building code requirements.
- The existing condensate lines were not routed correctly.
- The attic light did not have a switch at the access and overall lighting was poor.
- All existing components had to be replaced due to the poor workmanship of the installation, even though that was not an original installation.
- The refrigerant lines were incorrectly sized for the new a/c unit.
- Complete duct redesign was required for the zoning application.
- Energy efficient (19 SEER) new variable capacity system with greatly reduced operation sound.
- 2 Zone – Zoning system was installed.
- Greatly improved temperature/humidity control and overall performance.
- Beautifully re-engineered equipment platform to improve durability and safe service access to equipment.
- Air flow issues were resolved by re-designing the air duct system and adding several new air supply ducts.
- A new air return duct system was installed.
- Hospital grade Lennox Pure Air air purification system was added to help improve IAQ and eliminate the need for equipment & duct cleaning.