If you’re looking for a great place to soak up the sun, hit the waves, and enjoy some California beach vibes, Huntington State Beach is the place to be. Located in the heart of Huntington Beach, California, this 121-acre beachfront park offers a stunning coastline, endless recreational activities, and picturesque views that will mesmerize you. Whether a local or a visitor, here’s everything you need to know about Huntington State Beach.
Discovering the Best of Huntington State Beach
Huntington State Beach is famous for its pristine shoreline, which stretches for 3.5 miles and offers plenty of space to spread out and enjoy the sun. The beach is also renowned for its world-class surf breaks that attract surfers from around the globe. If you’re not a surfer, you can still enjoy the beach’s many other activities, such as swimming, fishing, sunbathing, or simply strolling along the shoreline. To explore the area, you can also rent bikes, rollerblades, and other beach gear from local rental shops.
How to Get to Huntington State Beach
Huntington State Beach is conveniently located just off the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH), making it easily accessible by car. The beach offers plenty of parking spaces, but it can get crowded during peak season, so arriving early is advisable. If you’re coming from out of town, you can fly into John Wayne Airport (SNA), which is just a 20-minute drive from the beach. Alternatively, you can take a bus or train to the coast from Los Angeles or other surrounding cities.
Exploring the Cost of Visiting Huntington State Beach
Visiting Huntington State Beach is relatively affordable, unlike other California beach destinations. The beach charges $15 for parking per vehicle, but metered parking spots are available on the streets nearby. If you plan to spend a whole day at the beach, consider bringing your food and drinks to save money, as the beach’s food vendors can be pretty expensive. Also, remember that some activities, such as bike rentals or surfing lessons, come at an extra cost.
Things to Do and See at Huntington State Beach
- Huntington State Beach has plenty of activities and attractions to entertain visitors all day. Some of the top things to do and see at the beach include:
- Surfing – Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, Huntington State Beach is a surfer’s paradise with some of the best waves in the world.
- Bonfires – The beach allows visitors to have bonfires in designated fire pits, which is a perfect way to end a day at the beach with family or friends.
- Beach Volleyball – The beach has many beach volleyball courts where visitors can enjoy a friendly game or watch professional players compete.
- Huntington Beach Pier – The pier is one of the longest on the West Coast and offers stunning ocean and beach views. It’s also a great place to watch the sunset or go fishing.
Huntington State Beach is ideal for anyone looking to enjoy the best of Southern California’s beach culture. With its gorgeous coastline, great surf, and endless activities, this beach should be on every traveler’s must-visit list. So, grab your sunscreen, pack your bags, and head to Huntington State Beach for an unforgettable beach vacation!
Map View Of The Beach
Do you need an HVAC Contractor in Huntington Beach? Give A Call To Haven Air Conditioning Today!
Check out Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve as your next destination!